Spring season is back and has carried a chance for fresh starts. It is at long last the season to once again introduce liveliness and light into your days. As the weather starts to thaw, it’s a great time to be more cheerful, pastel and pleasant and add some colour or a fun print into your wardrobe. Whether you plan to cruise this season or party on a terrace bar colour is a riot in summer in everything and shoes will not be left out. This season is all about experimenting with colours and styles but sticking to your comfort zone. Let our full spring 2023 shoe styles guide you through resetting your wardrobe. (Also read: Step up your shoe game: Essential tips for buying the perfect pair )
Women’s footwear trends for spring 2023
“Summer 2023 has a lot of colour coming its way from anything pink from baby to bright shades to shades of orange with the combination of brown, bright shades of magenta, lime, emerald green and also classic nudes. Basically, there’s something for everyone,” says Darshika Ajoomal, Entrepreneur and the distributor for Lodi Shoes and Tissa Fontaneda artisanal handbags. She further shared with HT Lifestyle, key summer shoe styles for women that will be everywhere this spring season.
- Espadrilles – A perennial summer favourite, both in flats and wedges styles with bright fabric and leather tie-ups.
- Formal open-toe stilettos in neon metallics and a combination of a variety of bright metallics with dull ones. Stilettos are a classic shoe style that can add elegance and sophistication to any formal outfit. This trend is perfect for those who want to add a bit of sparkle and shine to their formal attire without going overboard.
- Moccasins – another summer favourite, can move from day to night in colours such as ecru to bright orange and green with bold buckles for that edge.
- Slingback pumps with an elastic back strap and slingback mules with striking heels.Slingback pumps are classic, elegant shoes that have been popular for decades.
Men’s footwear trends for spring 2023
Arvind Bajaj, Founder, Ezok Shoes, shared with HT Lifestyle, his prediction of top footwear trends for men that will be ruling this spring season.
- White sneakers- Sneakers will forever be comfort personified. One can wear them casually on the streets or at gatherings. White sneakers have been a rage lately. Sneakers can offer a versatile look that can be worn all four seasons and they are a huge style item this year. Sneakers go with every outfit even though most people are afraid to wear a white, one should just know how to carry it. Canvas shoes are also a great option.
- Brogues- A pair of brogues is sure to turn heads. The brown brogue is a keystone of the smart casual wardrobe. Brogues are categorized by the distinctive decorative perforations along the shoe’s leather uppers. One can pair them with a tailored suit or well-fitting jeans, chinos or wool trousers, from the office to the dance floor.
- Loafers- One must have a pair of Loafers as they are easy to slip on. Dress them up, dress them down, and loafers pair with both formal and casual outfits. Loafers are less formal than lace-ups but then they will always be comfortable and cool. Leather or suede, it’s up to you. Pair them with a sporty coat and jeans or chinos. There are so many options to choose from – suede or leather, Penny or tassel, surely to one’s personal liking.
- Classic Derby- Lastly one must have a quality pair of classic Derby, usually the first formal pair of shoes any guy owns. I endorse a more classic rounded-toe Derby. With respect to colour, I would go black or brown here. Black of course is suitable for the most formal of occasions while brown is more casual and versatile. They always look dressy and sleek. The other option could be a monk strap. Though theoretically the monk strap is a loafer as it has no laces, you just slip them on. Monk straps come as a single strap, double strap and even triple straps, with the double being the most popular.
One must always keep in mind that a good ensemble and good shoes always go together, you shouldn’t have one without the other.